- We need a job with excellent health benefits, with my disease. This would easily solve that, and reduce the need for me to find a job with benefits.
- The long-term career potential for M is huge. There's really no career upside at his current job.
- While the salary is comparable to what he is getting now, the stock options that would vest over the next few years would be very big.
- The weather would sure be nice :-)
- When I'm ready for another career, or even more flexible contract work, the job market in San Francisco is huge, & perfect for my skill set.
- It's a nice transition as I quit my job, and would take some time off to get us moved, get the kids all settled, etc.
- Relocating. The general stress & work involved - especially because we'd like to have the kids start school there, which gives us just over a month.
- Selling our house here, which we love & has a ridiculously low interest rate, which we'd lose.
- Selling our beach house, which makes me very, very sad. :-(
- The cost of living is insane. Housing, state income tax, etc. One more time for emphasis - the COST OF HOUSING.
- And, the biggest issue for me - we'd be further from my family. M doesn't see this as a big issue, as we don't get a chance to see them *that* frequently, but I know moving would mean we see them a lot less anyway.
Holy smokes! So much to consider, & so much to do!!
Have you ever relocated? Tips or advice? Do you live in the San Francisco area? Can you recommend nice areas with great schools? :-)