I'm so excited - our container plants are actually starting to produce! Washington's growing season is notoriously short, so some years we get almost nothing. We picked our first couple of tomatoes yesterday (which the boys ate before I could put in a salad), they also enjoyed the first two cucumbers (easily their favorite food), & we have a small handful of fresh strawberries. I need to go check the blueberry bush before the birds much on whatever is left. Yeah for gardens! Can't wait until the majority of the tomatoes ripen.
I'm also planning on filling the freezer with wild blackberries, but with the pending conversations about our relocation, it seems silly to plan ahead. I suppose I can always give the frozen berries away to a neighbor if we do end up moving quickly.
My entire life is in limbo & I'm not the kind of person who deals well with the unknown. I'm sure you've gathered that, with my extensive list making & all. ;-)
Things I'd like to do this week:
- Menu plan
- List a bike on Craigslist
- List 4 items on Craigslist (two necklaces, one table runner, and a dress)
- Figure out what I'm bringing to my nephew's birthday party
- Wrap nephew's gift
- Get in a few workouts. Especially needed after all of the indulgences over the weekend.
- Yoga! Pilates! My back has been bothering me - time to get serious.
What about you? Any produce yet from your garden? What are you hoping to do this week?