Saturday, November 4, 2023

Saturday Happenings

Today feels a lot like Sunday, as I'm leaving for SFO tomorrow around 2 pm for my flight to London. We have a busy day at our house, and plenty to do as usual. I need to be extra productive, given tomorrow's schedule.

  • Nick is taking the SATs, and needs to be up soon. I'll make sure he has all of his required items, as sleepy teens are not the most reliable.
  • Sam also needs to be up early, as he has an early soccer game. Small chance he will have another game next weekend. Otherwise, this will be the last soccer game I ever watch of Sam's. I'm a little emotional. :-) It's been eleven years of lots & lots & LOTS of soccer. I will miss it. 
  • Run before Sam's game.
  • Finish packing
  • Follow up with Sam's tutor.
  • Help Sam with college application stuff. All applications are submitted, but there is a lot of chasing: missing SAT scores, missing transcripts, creating logins with various schools, etc. Multiple systems are involved in getting everything sent, and despite us having done everything by all of the proper deadlines, the systems don't always work seamlessly. 
  • Catch up on bill paying, as I'm out next week.
  • Laundry, my constant companion.
  • Clean the fridge.
  • Nick has tennis volunteering.
  • Review upcoming assignments with both boys.
  • Get back to a couple of friends about upcoming plans.
  • Schedule workout classes through the rest of November.
That's it for me. What about you? What's happening at your house this weekend?

8 comments:

  1. You have a very busy Saturday planned. Not that busy here for sure.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep reminding myself that we are in a season, and we will miss all of the hustle & bustle soon enough.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I would be emotional about Sam's soccer game too. The end of era can certainly be sad. Sending Nick does good vibes for his SATs. I've been paying bills and will be catching up on laundry this weekend too. Grateful for all of it. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a very fun game, and they won 3-0. Sam played defense, forward & briefly at goalie. I guess he wanted to round out (almost all) of the positions on the last game. :-)

      Delete
  3. I am so happy to hear that all the college applications have been done! What a stressor! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely nuts how much work is involved. So grateful it's done!

      Delete
  4. The "lasts" are always a little hard, but they open the door for a new set of "firsts". Enjoy your times with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that you are enjoying the boys hectic times. Before you know it, they will all be on their own. Those minutes are so precious!

    ReplyDelete