Saturday, November 25, 2023

Saturday Happenings

The long weekend is going too quickly, and I need to make the most of it! 

Nick & I picked up a few things he needed at Target yesterday, and I was surprised that it wasn't too busy (this was around 2:30), which made things nice. M & I also had a lovely evening, and the boys went to a game together. 

As for today, here's what I'm up to:

  1. Workout class
  2. Plan menu for the week
  3. Pack for upcoming trip. I'm taking my longest ever work trip (includes an over the weekend stay) & I'm dreading it so much. I'll be missing a ton of family time, including three of Nick's soccer games, and I just am not in the mind set for it. It also involves a variety of dress up work meetings, and that plus the duration is going to make packing a huge challenge. We'll see where I net out with it. 
  4. Laundry
  5. Pick up the house
  6. Find ten more items to list on BN
  7. Clean out paperwork tray
  8. Catch up on bills
  9. Sweep the back patio 
  10. Make tacos for dinner
That's it on our side. What about you? What are you up to today?

6 comments:

  1. I'm doing laundry today too as I've put it off this week due to preparing for the holiday. I passed by the mall of my way to pt yesterday and it was packed full around 8 that morning. I didn't venture in anywhere though and don't know what it was like in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's unfortunately also spread into Thanksgiving (which, is unfortunate for folks who have to work retail & would rather be with family), so maybe that's why the crowds look like they die down earlier.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I'm exhausted just reading your plans for the day. I worked like a dog getting ready for Thanksgiving dinner...and about an hour after everyone left, I came down with a cold. (All the grandchildren had it, most of their parents, and my husband, so I was due.) Anyway, my day today is pretty nice -- do some Christmas shopping/errands online, read a book, take a nap, eat left-overs for dinner. Usually by Saturday I'd be making turkey pot pie, and other interesting things with left overs, but this year we will go with the least effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy today - it sounds great! Especially the reading & napping!

      Delete
  3. Me, well, I am just trying my best to get things completed before Christmas. I haven't even started baking yet. My bad.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind of fun treats do you make, Jackie? I only make the cardamom bread, which is my contribution to Christmas morning brunch.

      Delete