Sunday, November 12, 2023

Sunday Things

 I did make it to my workout class yesterday (I was really not excited about it), and it gave me a lot of energy. I guess past me knew what she was doing, booking that class. ;-) I have another class this morning, so hopefully it will also help, as I've been up since four.

I went to Nick's soccer yesterday afternoon, and then Sam had a bonus final game. It was at 8 pm, an hour away, so I knew I wouldn't be able to stay awake for it. Instead, Nick went to see Sam's last game, and ended up playing as well, as they needed extra players. Glad Sam's final hurrah was a fun event for both brothers. 

Sam found out he got an academic scholarship at one of the schools he's been accepted to, so we're now looking to try & book a tour at that college - likely in January. It's a few hours from where my nephew works, so if possible, it would be fun to also see him. M will likely take Nick skiing, as it's a three day weekend for the boys.

I have a giant list of things to do today, unsurprisingly.

  • Workout class
  • Help Sam with another essay a college asked for, as a follow up. 
  • Nick has calculus tutoring
  • Mail birthday cards for my mom (the boys were supposed to do this last week, as her birthday is tomorrow)
  • Laundry
  • Make Korean Beef Bowls for dinner. M will make rice, because his rice is outstanding.
  • Do a homework review with both boys
  • Build my 2024 Christmas tracker (spreadsheet where I track gifts, ideas & budget)
  • Fill out missing property claim forms. I found about $50 in my name, but no idea where I'll find proof of identity for an address 20 years ago.
  • Dice/freeze pineapple guava, gifted from a neighbor
  • Schedule for the week
That's it from my side. What about you? What are you up to today?

3 comments:

  1. It might not help, but I used a crazy combination of birth certificate and old signed tax return to claim 40 something dollars from an old saving account. Plus my state wanted it notarized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super helpful! I hadn't thought of old tax returns. Thank you for the idea!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to Sam on the scholarship!!!!! So exciting! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete