I also have my first race scheduled for Saturday! (My goal is to complete 10 races this year). Tomorrow's race is a very small, local, trail five miler. It's supposed to be very cold, but clear. Fingers crossed that the forecast sticks!
I did NOT accomplish everything on my to do list yesterday, but . . . I did manage to complete a giant work task that's been lingering for weeks. I worked on it until late in the evening, & I'm so happy that it's done. One project down, 50 more to go. ;-) Or, something like that!
M went to Costco yesterday, as we were out of beef, & down to our last few packages of chicken. We buy the jumbo packs at Costco, marinate & grill them in one big batch, & then divide into meal-sized portions. This helps get dinner on the table quickly during busy nights. Our freezer is looking pretty sparse.
Here's what we currently have to work with:
- 2 pieces of Copper River salmon. A good dinner for M, if I'm going out or have other plans.
- 1 small Trader Joe's pizza. Emergency dinner stash. :-)
- 1 smallish container of butternut squash soup. Probably enough for a dinner for me + M if I serve it with a large side.
- 3 lunch sized portions of chili.
- 1 dinner's worth of Three Cheese Chicken Florentine
- A couple of pizza crusts, that I will use on Sunday for our post-skiing dinner.
- Ground beef (thanks to yesterday's Costco run).
- 1/2 a package of tortellini.
- 3 small packages of grilled chicken, ready to be used in dinners.
- 1 dinner's worth of chicken enchiladas.
- 1 dinner's worth of taco meat.
- 1 dinner's worth of spaghetti sauce (as long as I add meatballs for bulk)
And, there you have it. We did a great job eating through our freezer stash in November & December. I'm planning on moving all of the above to the front, & stocking with a few additional recipes this weekend. I'd like to make at least three freezer meals for the week ahead.
- Italian Baked Chicken Pastina
- Fiesta Casserole
- Chicken & Black Bean Taquitos (my favorite weekend lunch, or quick dinner when M is out of town)
We're skiing on Sunday, which takes up the majority of the day, so I need to be as productive as possible on Saturday.
What are you up to this weekend? Any great activities on the agenda?