I did a lot of freezer cooking over the weekend, so we're fully stocked & ready to face the rest of the month.
Here's what's on the menu:
- Monday (1/14) - We're having spaghetti with meatballs tonight. The sauce is already prepped, & the meatballs come from Costco. ;-) Making them in batches & freezing is the next thing I want to tackle, but ran out of time this week.
- Tuesday (1/15) - Butternut squash soup & homemade bread (bumped from last week) + roasted brussels sprouts
- Wednesday (1/16) - Chicken enchiladas (freezer)
- Thursday (1/17) - Tacos
- Friday (1/18) - Oven baked chicken risotto
- Saturday (1/19) - Dinner with friends. I'm in charge of dessert, so I think I'll make cupcakes.
- Sunday (1/20) - Pizza after skiing. I'm thinking I'll try barbecue chicken.
- Monday (1/21) - Fiesta chicken casserole (freezer)
- Tuesday (1/22) - Leftovers
- Wednesday (1/23) - Chicken pastina bake (freezer)
- Thursday (1/24) - Salmon + rice
- Friday (1/25) Spaghetti & meatballs
- Saturday (1/26) - Leftovers
- Sunday (1/27) - Pizza! Meatball pizza, or chicken pesto
What's on your menu for the week (or weeks ahead)? Trying any yummy recipes?
And, completely unrelated to food preparations, but here's one of my favorite pictures from the holiday. (I blame Blogger for making me wait this long to post it!) This is my youngest, N, as he sees Santa walking across the deck at my parents house, with a bag full of gifts. N is so excited that he literally leaps from the couch & flies through the air. It's a little blurry, because this is an action shot. :-)