How do I plan to spend it? Well, it's my sister's 40th birthday in September, & M & I made a deal not to spend any of our 2013 budget on travel. I'd still like to do something special & keep our annual girls trip this summer, so I'm hoping to save enough for a trip to Las Vegas, as the money won't be coming from our 2013 funds.
Here's what I'm thinking for a budget:
- Three nights in a hotel (I'm hoping we can get 1-2 nights comped based on previous visits) - $200
- Airfare - I think I have enough frequent flier miles to cover our tickets. Taxes/fees - $50
- Food - this is where the bulk of the spending will come from, I think - $550 (my part)
- Cabana rental - a total indulgence, but split three ways, & cabana/pool day is our favorite part of the trip. My part will be $200
- $30 - sold two portable DVD players on Craig's List
- $13 - sold books at Half Price books
- $8.95 - rebate check
That's a confirmed (money in hand) of $51.95, & an expected total of $277! I'm so happy with my progress so far, & would like to earn basically all of the money before the summer, & then set a new goal of $350 or so for a trip to Great Wolf Lodge (an indoor water park) with the kids before Christmas. I'm also looking into other income streams, like potentially writing or editing opportunities.
How about you? How are you doing with your snowflakes or side hustles?