Sunday, August 4, 2024

July goals - how did I do?

This was probably the most inconsistent month I've had in a long time. There were lots of mini trips! Lake Tahoe with Nick & two friends, an impromptu Las Vegas trip with my nephew, and the most recent trip to Portland to see my family/celebrate my special needs aunt's 70th & Sam's college orientation. As you might remember from prior busy months, being out of my routine is not great for my goals, even if each of the events is fun. I did also remind myself to "say yes" more this month, enjoy being unemployed, & remember that this time with Sam & Nick at home is fleeting. 

With those caveats, let's see how I did!

Financial:

  • Sort out tuition payment/timing - yes, I'm just waiting for Sam's first bill to come in
  • Figure out what to do with M's expiring BA miles - we are waiting to confirm that they've been extended
  • Sort out a plan with United credits (goal plan + backup plan, as his mom's availability to travel will be limited & likely down to the wire) - I did attempt a few times to extend the credits through various hacks, & none of those worked. So, we will for sure be needing this plan, but I didn't actually make it.
  • Freezer challenge: use up remaining bag of cranberries + bananas - yes to both, although more bananas were put in the freezer when we went out of town last week
Family:
  • Have a great 4th of July with Nick & a friend in Lake Tahoe - we had a great time, and Nick brought two friends along. 
  • Help Nick edit draft college essays & work on new ones - some progress was made, but there's still a lot of work to do
  • Get Sam set up for his solo senior trip (install airline app, activate credit card, use Uber, etc) - yes, this was a success.
  • Plan one fun family activity + days for my nephew to visit - we had a lot of fun with the teens, and plenty of family time. My nephew came back with us on Thursday, and the boys took him to Santa Cruz, to In & Out, they went to the city together, and they've played a lot of Magic the Gathering.

Fitness:

  • Finalize legs for relay (me + Sam) - I've been battling a hip injury that is a very, very long recovery window & never truly heals. Today is the final decision day for the relay, but it's unlikely that I can do it. I trained for 5+ months, so I'm very, very sad about this. 
  • 70 miles of running, including some longer runs for relay prep - definitely no
  • Stretch 12 times - yes, thanks to trying to loosen up my hip
  • 12 strength workouts - I had to cancel a lot of workouts this month, so no
  • Follow the No S diet 15 days - definitely not. I'm not feeling great about my eating habits during all of those travel days. 
Personal:
  • Meditate 20 times - I'm very inconsistent with my routine while traveling, so this didn't happen
  • Get together with friends - yes, some hiking & also an impromptu girls trip added on to last week's trip to Portland
  • Practice Farsi 20 times -  I'm very inconsistent with my routine while traveling, so this didn't happen
  • Declutter 25 items - 14/25 items
  • Continue exploring jobs - I've done a lot of work here, and have had two interviews. Lots of prep time ahead of both interviews, and I have another interview tomorrow. 
  • Spend time on volunteer role - yep, continue to support my students I'm mentoring

All in all, definitely not my most successful month, and I've been frustrated, particularly on the fitness front. I also know that I need to really clean up my eating if I'm not able to work out as much, which I'm not enjoying! But, these months are what help you make tweaks & changes for the more successful months (or, so I'm telling myself as we head into August.)

How did you do on your goals for July? 


 

2 comments:

  1. Your month looks like it was pretty good to me! You stayed on course a lot more than I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oof, it was a ride! Hoping for more stability in August, but who knows at this point?! (HP)

      Delete