Saturday, August 17, 2024

Saturday things

 M & I had a fun evening last night when he got home from work. We sat by the pool with a drink & discussed upcoming travel plans, and preferences for a few of our outings. We also played cards for a bit, while we waited for the teens to solidify their evening plans. No one was having dinner with us, so I went ahead & planned a dinner for two. Now, I made this mistake earlier in the week, and we ended up having four people, two of whom joined just as I was plating the food. That was a scramble. ;-) This time, there were really just two of us. I made a salad (lettuce from the garden!) & found two burger patties M had grilled a few weeks ago. I made a homemade aioli with mayo, whole grain mustard, garlic salt & sriracha. And, a bowl of chopped fresh tomatoes, with salt & pepper. It was delicious. No leftovers, which is perfect.




As for today, I'm hoping to get a chance to play pickle ball with M, but here's the rest of my to do list:

  • Work out
  • Volunteer at soccer event from 11-2
  • Help Nick with college essays. We have a few that are very close to final draft phase!
  • Stop by the grocery store for dinner items
  • Daily chores: journal, language lesson, meditate, water the plants, garden
  • Laundry
  • Start packing for the relay + trip to Portland
  • List a few more things on eBay & Buy Nothing
What about you? What are you up to today? 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is so delicious! Fresh from the garden is nothing like anything you can buy. (HP)

      Delete
  2. Taking it easy today as I overdid it yesterday and my back is one mass of pain.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your back is feeling better! (HP)

      Delete