Wednesday, August 14, 2024

The chicken marsala was a hit, and other Wednesday happenings

 We've tried two good recipes this week, so I'll share them. Chicken marsala & garlic noodles with beef & broccoli. Luckily, I doubled the chicken marsala recipe, as we had a full table of folks last night for dinner!

I also add a lot of caprese salads to the meal, when I'm trying to stretch it out for unexpected diners. Tomatoes & basil from the garden. 


I volunteered at Nick's school yesterday (schedule pick up) & it was so nice to see all of his friends. They are really sweet & polite. It was fun to help out & see the kids all excited for the start of their senior year. 

As for today, I have a lot on my list!

  • Workout class
  • Daily chores (language lesson, journal, meditate, garden, yard work)
  • PT exercises
  • Take Nick out to find new cleats. He has blood blisters from his soccer cleats from last season - apparently, his feet have grown! He also needed new hiking shoes. Keeping shoes on teens is an expensive project.
  • Nick & I have carved out three hours today to work on college essays. His schedule is definitely getting busy, and we are hoping to get a bunch more done before school starts next week.
  • Vacuum
  • Clean the bathrooms
  • List items on eBay
What about you? What are you up to today? 


4 comments:

  1. I love caprese salad! The chicken marsala recipe sounds very good! Sounds like Nick is off to a fun senior year! Just realized you will have another senior this year! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are back to back! I feel much more prepared this year, I suppose, as I was just through the senior year process last year. ;-) (HP)

      Delete
  2. Just working on getting things accomplished in the house and in the garden. Nitty gritty time for processing here.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping my squash finally really produces. We've only been getting one at a time, but it looks like I may have 5+ in a week or so. Fingers crossed. (HP)

      Delete