Monday, October 6, 2014

September Goal Review

Well, this is one of those months where you review your progress (or lack thereof), dust yourself off, & plan for the next month. ;-) Also, I realized that you might be able to identify personal info from the last post I put up, so I removed. Apologies to those of you who commented. The boys had a blast at the run, and have already asked me to sign them up for another 5K. They are crazy. ;-)

I'm forgiving myself for my paltry September results & focusing on having a strong October. As soon as I kick this cold/flu - right now, I just want soup & a nap!

  1. Fitness-related:
    1. Lose 2 pounds - bringing my weight to 143. We're going to Hawaii in November, & I want to be feeling great! - Nope. Maintained my weight. 
    2. Track my calories every day in MyFitnessPal - Yes, although really had to make guesses when I was in Tokyo
    3. Complete 1000 minutes of cardio - Sadly, August was my highest month ever (1340 minutes) & September was my lowest month ever (420). Yikes. No wonder I feel out of shape.
    4. Complete 8 strength workouts - Nope, 2 strength workouts.
    5. Complete 6 stretch workouts. This is critical. I'm really sore after spending all day at the office - 1 stretch workout.
    6. Start/complete all half marathon training plan runs for the month. - I'll need to find another half, as I'm in no way ready to train. 
  2. Finance-related:
    1. Finish reworking our budget to take into account yearly categories (vs solely focusing on monthly numbers) - I'm 90% of the way there. 
    2. Stick to our budget! - I think so. Haven't finished tallying the entire month.
    3. File all paperwork. - No. :-( 
    4. Rework childcare budget for 2015, with nanny & summer camps finalized. - Yes.
    5. Finalize 2015 travel budget, schedule, price out trips, etc. - Yes!
  3. Personal
    1. Complete Tokyo with as minimal impact to my family as possible. - it was a huge pain for all involved, but i did what I could to keep it together.
    2. Plan one social event with friends. - had dinner with a coworker. Does that count? ;-) 
    3. At least one date night with M. - No, and this was much missed. We need to make this a top priority.
    4. Continue to rework my work schedule to better accommodate evening meetings (consolidate them all into one evening to minimize disruption to my life). - I'm working on this. It's a huge work item, with ever changing demands. 
    5. Use or freeze all fresh produce from the garden. - Yes!
    6. Read 5 books. - More than that! I spent more than 30 hours traveling over the past week.
    7. Every Sunday, review week ahead and do the following (this is critical to "during the work week" sanity!) - Yes!
      1. Menu plan
      2. Organize pickup/drop off schedule
      3. Coordinate after hours meeting
      4. Consolidate meetings, etc. 
      5. Organize any carpools
Okay, off to get the budget finalized, & October planned. :-) How did your September go? Hopefully it was much better than mine. ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment