This is what a Maui vacation looks like for us:
- We've spent a minimum of 6+ hours a day at the pool (the boys are pool obsessed), minus our two excursion days
- A trip to Haleakala to see the crater/volcano
- A snorkel cruise (Sam got super seasick, so that wasn't as fun as we'd hoped)
- Snorkeled off of the beach
- A trip for epic shave ice
- Played hotel bingo
- More rainbows than you can imagine
- Yoga by the beach (me :-))
- Total relaxing family time.
I feel SO relaxed. My favorite part? All of that time without a schedule, without work or any work requirements. I do have a phone interview tomorrow, but I haven't done any work at all. It's been glorious! :-)
Here are a few photos of the fun:
This vacation has been far from inexpensive, but we've done what we could to keep the expenses in check. We've made all of our own meals, with a couple of exceptions - a breakfast buffet (free for everyone in our group except one), the epic shave ice, and a basket of fries by the pool. We'll also do Thanksgiving dinner out (I'm not cooking! :-)). We stocked up on groceries at Costco on our first day, and have been trying to keep the poolside drinks to a minimum.
I'm going to soak up all of the fun! I hope you are all having a great week!
What's your favorite vacation destination?