Nick is subbing for a soccer game today, but has a ride. Sam has a birthday party, but will be able to ride his bike both ways. Hurrah!
Here's what I need to do today:
- Clean the house
- Make a menu plan
- Drop off a car + change of clothes at work, so I can hopefully bike tomorrow. (I'm just starting out, so can't go both ways yet).
- Make chicken broth
- Deal with a broken ice machine that has made a giant mess in the freezer
- Help Nick pack for science camp
- Start packing for my trip to London next weekend
- Manage my work week schedule
- Sort some adjustments to our summer travel plans (due to work)
- Help Sam with a few last things on his book report. My work here will be helping him get the printer up & running, not actually helping with the project.
- Work out. I'm hoping to go for a run & do yoga.
If I get that done, I'll be thrilled, and will hopefully have time to read my book.
I'll just go ahead & check off #2, and make a menu plan for the week. M will be at work dinners most nights, so I'm going to keep things easy:
Saturday - we had chicken fiesta skillet with chips & guac
Sunday - M is making kebabs & rice
Monday - leftover chicken fiesta skilet
Tuesday - leftover kebabs & rice
Wednesday - eat any remaining leftovers
Thursday - chicken enchiladas (from the freezer. My parents made them when they were here)
Friday - chicken risotto
Saturday - chicken kebabs, rice & salad
I'm traveling starting next Sunday, so I'll also make sure there are easy meal options available to M & the kids. What about you? What are you up to today? What's on your menu plan?