I took the boys (and a friend) mini golfing yesterday, and it was a fun outing. It almost felt like "normal times", minus the masks. I really dislike wearing the mask in the heat. It doesn't typically bother me much, but the heat makes it more challenging. There were quite a few people mini golfing, and the weather was warm, but it was a lot of fun to get out & have an adventure with the boys.
We ended up with another light dinner, as I treated the boys to ice cream (required on a hot day, right? ;-)) & then picked up M at the airport. He had a fantastic time on his trip, seeing his childhood BFF, the BFFs parents, wife/kid & then they had some guys only motorcycle drives. Good times were had by all.
As for today, I've worked out this morning, watered the plants, dropped off zucchini with a neighbor (she requested it), gave away a bag of clothes on Buy Nothing, started the boys bedding in the laundry, put the ingredients for crockpot carnitas together, & looked at some future retirement houses with M. He was in San Clemente over the weekend, and loved it, so that's on our potential list of places to explore.
I'm trying to pick the zucchinis before they get too big...
It's supposed to get hot today, but it's currently the perfect temperature to be outside the pool, under the shade. Yeah!
Here's what else is on the list:
- Finish the boys bedding, make beds
- Finish carnitas/dishes
- Make margaritas (that will be M)
- Potentially dip my feet into the pool. We don't heat it, so it will probably be pretty brisk, as this is our first real stretch of warmer weather
- Nick has tennis at 2
- Make chicken enchilada rice (for real, this time)
- Go through eBay closet for other items to list, donate, or give away
- Make parmesan zucchini to go with M's steak (he can't have the chicken enchilada rice)