I'm so grateful the work week is done! I had an offsite last week, & two offsites this week. Tons of in person time, and four evening commitments between the two weeks. I feel like I went from zero to 100, with working from home for two years, & then returning to the office full force.
On the one night I didn't have an evening work commitment, I drove four kids to soccer & hung out in the parking lot until just after nine. After dropping everyone off, it was after 9:30. There were some *long* days last week!
It's more wild times ahead, as we fly out on Friday for a family wedding (M has very few family members in the US & this is one of his cousins). M & the boys fly back on Sunday, while I fly to London. On Mother's Day weekend. I'm not overly excited about it, particularly because there were no direct flights that met my price cap, so I have to go to Denver first.
Here's what's on the to do list for today:
- Figure out packing for London & San Diego. I need a bunch of COVID test kit related stuff, so need to remember to add that to the packing list. It will also be a weird packing list, as I need things like a formal dress & heels, which is not something I typically bring on a work trip. ;-)
- Decide on a dress for the wedding
- Take Nick to a reffing game
- Work out
- Menu plan for this week, and helpfully arrange the freezer so M can figure out meal options when I'm in London
- Sort the soccer carpool for next week
- Take Sam on some practice drives
- Grocery store
- I think we're having chicken curry (freezer) & rice tonight for dinner, so I need to sort that out as well.