Here's how I did this month:
- Stick to the budget & rebuild plan for taxes due - yes, plan is in motion & we are in good shape for the revised 7/15 date.
- Pay down our mortgage to the next micro level - yes, done! And, over delivered. I put all of my eBay sales towards the mortgage, which always helps.
- No clothing, shoes & jewelry purchases - I bought a pair of jeans for a friend (they were $10, as I had points & rewards), but nothing for me.
- Make $100 in side hustle - I made just over $250! Lots & lots of small sales. I'm listing one item a day, as I've heard that helps promote all of your listings in the algorithm. Not sure if it's that, or something else, but slow & steady.
- Keep working through freezer/pantry clean out - we've done a good job of managing food waste & rotating through things. I may come up with a "hit list" of items for May.
- Plan a family dinner night, & a couple of fun spring break activities - we've had family dinner every night, and busted out the old XBox during spring break. The pool is also finally warm enough, but we didn't quite get warm enough weather over spring break. We've also done nightly walks as a family.
- Off the computer by 7:30 each evening (not counting reading) - Most days, yes. I had a few crazy nights (and, it interrupts my sleep for sure), but otherwise just reading after that.
- Have a weekly half hour alone with M - we are doing pretty well on this.
- Schedule monthly calls with M's family - we had a call, and I've been recording WhatsApp videos, to help us get past some of the time zone challenges.
- Two hours of practice with Farsi flashcards - I've been practicing Spanish every day, but not Farsi
- Lose 3 lbs - I lost 1.5 lbs. My calories were higher, but I'm still pleased with the progress during a quarantine
- Work out every day in April - yes!
- Track calories, eat five servings of fruit & vegetables. Aim for 1400 calories/day - I crushed the fruit & vegetable goal, but my average calories were high at 1623. Luckily, I was active this month.
- Complete 1000 minutes of cardio, 10 strength & 5 stretching workouts - 1330 minutes of cardio! 10 strength workouts, & 4 stretching workouts.
- Meditate 20 times - close, with 18 meditations
- Stay connected with friends. Do something social 2x/month- yes, we've been doing virtual happy hours
- Volunteer - I've been helping out some neighbors
- Journal 25 times - Yes! I journaled every day in April
- Adapt a more positive mindset (judge less) - I'm doing okay at this
- Listen more often vs talking & work on not interrupting - also doing okay
- Reduce swearing - eh, it's been hit or miss during the quarantine
- Read one non-fiction book - I'm 2/3 of the way done with Becoming by Michelle Obama. A great read so far.
- Compliment M every day - Mostly
- Support the kids with online learning - Well, we are all surviving as best we can!
- Complete one project/day (taking advantage of WFH situation) - Yes! I've done so much cleaning & decluttering, organizing, weeding, getting our patio area cleaned up. It's been great.
All in all, I'm feeling really good about how April went. How about you? How did you do with your April goals?