Another week whizzed by! We've had so much fun with family, but it will be nice to be home this weekend. Here are a few frugal wins for the week.
Saving on things we buy
- It was another weekend out of town, so we did our normal travel stuff: brought water bottles to fill at the airport, M & I made a dinner out of food at the lounge, priced out cheapest ride share options, & packed snacks for the teens.
- I dropped off Nick's tennis racket, string & some cash for his friend, who is restringing the racket for him. It was about half the price of having it done at a shop.
- I had to pick up some things we needed at Rite Aid, and found matching Fetch offers, as well as a Rite Aid offer. I spent a total of $55, and earned $7 in Rite Aid rewards & $16 in Fetch offers, which was a nice bonus.
- Not much to report here, as the boys are with my parents & not working this week. M & I are continuing our normal work.
- I found $.35 on the ground, outside of Rite Aid
- We also took advantage of the free breakfast the hotel served over the weekend. It was a nice buffet, so everyone was able to fill up in the mornings.
- I needed a rapid COVID test for Nick's camp, and didn't have any on hand. I was able to pick one up on Buy Nothing.
Eating what we have
- Ate lots of lettuce, basil & peppers from our garden. We have not had as much sun/warm weather as usual, so we don't have any ripe tomatoes yet. Our tomato plants are quite small for this time of the year.
- I finished all of the delivery meals (frozen)! They are super handy to have in a pinch, and I love that they are very healthy, as opposed to most frozen/prepped options. That said, they are too pricey when you pay the regular price. I got a great deal from a work offer, but likely won't replace them.
- M ate a few burger patties & grilled chicken from the freezer, as well as finished off the last of the salmon.
- I cut up all of the ripe/overly ripe fruit in the fridge, and froze it for smoothies, as the boys were out of town this week.
- Spent some time on a new mentorship program through work.
- I have a few nice things to give away on Buy Nothing, so want to get those posted ahead of the long weekend.