- Paid for flights from my parents, to come & watch the kids over spring break. Used $100 discount code for a delayed flight, plus a credit. Amount saved - $329.72
- Used remaining wallet credit for a flight to Hawaii in June. Amount saved - $55.86
- I paid for my sister's flight to Hawaii for a girls trip. I used a companion fare. Amount saved - $550.20
- I used a discount due to another flight delay for Christmas flights. Amount saved - $100
- I also used a wallet credit from a changed flight, for our Christmas flights. Amount saved - $332.40
- Used miles for my parents to come hang out with the kids, when we had an unexpected trip to Hawaii for M's work trip. Amount saved - $548.20
- Used United miles for trip to Whistler x4 - $3,000
Total saved from travel hacking = $4,916.38
I'm happy with the results. The Whistler trip gave us a big boost. I'll also add that I haven't been using miles to book flights for myself, because I'm trying to achieve status on my preferred local airline, and flights booked with miles aren't eligible. Instead, I'm using miles for when my parents visits, vs my own flights. I'm hoping to cross over into the $5k mark in 2020!
What about you? Do you track travel hacking? How much did you earn in 2019?