1) Financial -
- Finalize investments & budget from post rental house sale - I have handled some of this. I've been waiting to get our tax stuff sorted, but have done a couple of investment transfers.
- Finalize our budget list for our (new) house - Yes, this is done. I am also using this to work through our 2018 budget.
- Find one alternative cost cutting option - I can't think of anything?
- Sell another $100 of items on either eBay or my local Facebook swap site. - Nope. Sold nothing.
2) Family - Spend more time together as a family!
- Find a nanny!! I've interviewed 15+ people. We don't need that many hours (between 10-15/week), so this is a really hard role to fill, unfortunately. - Yes! And, she seems great so far.
- Do a minimum of one fun activity/month with the kids. This can be family puzzle night, cooking dinner together, board games, going out somewhere, etc. - We hung out by the pool a few afternoons, and had a few Sorry tournaments.
- Be more present with the kids & M - play games, minimize computer time, exercise together, etc. - Mostly, yes!
- More decluttering & organizing in our new house (would like to get the boys closet shelving installed, so they can put away/organize all of their games & toys) - Nope. This one remains.
- 30 miles of pace training for my relay - Yes!
- Stay focused on my fitness, despite all of the many trips - Not as much as I'd like, but I did okay.
- Eat five servings of fruit & vegetables (combined) per day - I hit 4/day, which is a good improvement. I'd love to see 5!
- Complete 1000 minutes of cardio - Finishing the month with 830 minutes.
- Complete 6 strength workouts. - 6 strength workouts complete!
- Complete 6 stretching workouts - I finished with 4 stretching workouts
- Successfully complete my relay at pace time (or below) - yes!!!
4) Work/career - Improve my work life balance.
- Keep better perspective at work/reduce stress - this is a particularly crazy work week, but overall I've done well with this.
- Work from home 2x this month. - Yes
- Brainstorm how I would spend my time if I wasn't working. Really think creatively about what this would mean, what the challenges would be, etc. - Haven't done this, & I need to!
- Try a new recipe using my new crockpot - Nope, didn't get it it. Hoping to try a few things out this weekend.
- Do something social at least once per month. - Yes! i had my relay, which involved spending 20+ hours in a van with friends & family. ;-)
- Volunteer a minimum of 1x/month. - This didn't happen this month. I did increase my charitable giving, as a few things came up, but no actual volunteering. I need to get back into the rhythm of volunteering on Friday afternoons.
That's it for me! Overall, I'm happy with my progress in August. What about you? How did you do with your goals?