It's been a very busy week, full of lots of sports for the kids, and late work meetings, so not a lot to report.
Saving on things we buy
- I remembered to cancel one night of a hotel I had booked for a wedding. We will only be there for ~24 hours, due to the boys work schedules & the difficulty of getting from SFO to eastern Washington for a weekend. The flights were crazy expensive, but I did save $150 or so by cancelling one night of the hotel. I'm glad I remembered before it was too late!
- Sold a luggage tag on eBay.
- Helped the kids with work applications, for their summer jobs.
- Thought about getting Starbucks on a very tired day, but avoided it!
Eating what we have
- I gave up coffee six weeks or so back, and still have multiple non dairy milks in the fridge. Just used up one of the soy milks, making smoothies. Bonus: I used up fruit the boys didn't eat, and an overly ripe banana.
- Eating up lots of leftovers for dinners, and when that's failed, cheese & crackers. It's been a busy week! :-)
- Weeded a bit of my neighbor's yard, while I was outside. They have mobility issues, so I like to help out while I'm working on my own yard.
What about you? Any wins to share?