It was a pretty easy drive, as far as 13 hours of driving can be considered. We stopped three times for gas, bathrooms & a bit of food. There was some road construction (always, with a drive that long) & some traffic as we got closer to Portland. But, otherwise, all went well, and we arrived at the beach house yesterday evening.
The inside of the house is very warm, which is unusual & a sign that it was quite hot over the weekend. The weather is currently blissfully cool - around 65.
From a frugality perspective, we tried to keep the road trip costs under control - packing snacks & water, using a gift card for breakfast, and opting for an inexpensive lunch (Costco food court, while gassing up.) I also packed dinner for last night in the cooler. We had leftover chicken curry, that was delicious & easy to reheat. We brought all of our perishable items with us, and I was able to make a salad to go with dinner. I also brought three zucchini, so my family will definitely be going home with some zucchini. ;-)
The rest of the family arrives on Friday, and we have some stuff to get done between now & then:
- Go for a run. Looking forward to the cool weather & flat running route. Definitely a change from our house!
- Go to Costco & the grocery store. The closest major store is quite a haul, so I'll bring a cooler & we will stock up. I've already cross referenced our list & menu against what's available in the house. We don't want to buy anything that we already have in the freezer
- Stop by the post office. Nick was expecting a package, and it's not at the house. I'm assume they are holding it at the post office.
- Start packing.
- Time permitting, weed wack the side lawn.
- I'm technically on vacation today, but have a few things to do for a meeting I committed to attending tomorrow am.
And, for a photo... I haven't been to the beach yet, but here's what I'm hoping for (this is last June).
What about you? What are you up to today?