Another month has whizzed by! Here's what we accomplished this month. I'm pretty happy with the progress, all things considered.
- Stick to our budget - we did reasonably well, but went over on eating out. M & I need to find some less expensive date night options. We were mixing in hikes with meals out, but he broke his ankle, so we've been defaulting back to meals out again.
- Talk to our accountant about a DAF & adjustments for the year - we've updated our adjustments, but haven't done anything with the DAF.
- Come up with long term budget/FIRE Plan. I need to update this based on some comp adjustments our company announced. - We've made some progress, and I'm feeling good about the goals. Now, I just need the stock market to stabilize a bit.
- Progress towards $1500 side hustle goal, gift card goal, & Fetch/iBotta goals - I sold an expensive jacket ($80), made $5 on Fetch, and used a couple of gift cards. Progress!
- Plan one fun activity with the kids - I took them (plus a friend) to bowling & lunch, & took them to boba on another day.
- Support the kids with various planning items (driving practice, tutoring, ref jobs, summer job forms, etc) - yes!
- Have two dates with M - Yes! We had a drink together in San Diego, ahead of a family wedding, and went to dinner together.
- Lots of photos for M's family (at the wedding for his cousin this month) - Many, many photos & videos were taken, & shared
- Finalize summer plans - done!
- Book all summer travel - everything is booked!
- Stay on track with my healthy eating routine - I've been splurging more than usual, and have more treats in the house than usual (the boys), and need to find a way to avoid my own treats.
- Come up with international travel healthy plan. Also, avoid getting COVID in London, so I can re-enter the US as planned. - this went well, generally & I didn't get COVID & was able to come back successfully.
- Close rings daily - Yes! I've closed my rings every day on my fitness watch.
- Lose 4 lbs - No. I'm steady at the same weight. That said, I definitely look & feel more toned.
- Meditate 5x - I didn't meditate at all
- Use return London trip to renew my global entry - yes, done!
- Take advantage of office perks, making it feel like an appealing change in my routine - I've been doing well with this, and taking advantage of the free workout classes.
- Do something social with friends - I met a friend for a hike, and met another friend for a workout class
- Volunteer commitment for girls in tech org - Yes, and it's been really enjoyable.
- Continue working on post-work plan & options - I am considering a few options & may have updates in the next month or so
- Some sort of personal writing (fiction or journaling) - no writing, other than on the blog