Saving on things we buy:
- I refilled my Starbucks card for bonus stars, as I would have refilled anyway. I'll be picking up the kids on Saturday, and will likely make a stop at Starbucks.
- Updated our car insurance with a mileage form, to reflect our significantly lower mileage for the year. It will save us about $400 on our auto policy!
- I went through my closet & took another look at my clothes. (I did this right as we transitioned to WFH). Now that I have a few months under my belt, as well as a much longer timeline of continuing to work remotely, I evaluated my clothes to see what I really need. I found a few things to donate, and a few items to list on eBay. One blazer I bought for international work trips (hahaha) has already sold. Excellent!
- Continued to list things we don't need on eBay.
- There was one takeout meal on Saturday evening, but otherwise, all meals made at home in our non kitchen. It's unglamorous, and meals are repetitive, but we're all getting fed & it's fine.
- We've been using our garden produce in salads & meals, which has added some nice freshness with our mostly freezer based proteins.
What about you? Any frugal wins to report?