It has been a week! I've been trying to get adjusted back to our timezone, get as much work done as possible & prep for being out of the office, and Sam had a lot of school based deadlines for college applications. That meant we were mostly working on college stuff each evening. We got Greek food last night, as a treat, and crunched through a huge amount of work.
It's been awhile since I applied to college (understatement), but the process is very time consuming now. In order to get letters of recommendation from teachers & the high school counselors, we filled out 25+ pages of content. I'm ever so grateful to the teachers for writing these letters, as I know they do it out of kindness for the kids, and don't get paid. They each have their own process, template, & Sam & I wanted to make sure he gave them enough information to be able to quickly write the letters & make their jobs as easy as possible. There are parent surveys the school requires, brag sheets (so counselors can understand who you are outside of school), resumes, etc. Phew!
This is the longest I'll have ever been away from the kids, the longest from work since COVID (can't remember the last time I took more than a week off), & I *think* the longest I've been away from M. There's been a lot to prep!
Here's what today looks like.
- Attend workout class
- Come home for super fast shower
- Volunteer at a soccer tournament (this satisfies $100 worth of my volunteer hours with the club - one kid)
- Last minute packing
- Pick up my sister at SFO, ahead of her flight. She's flying in, as she needed to be on my reservation for an upgrade.
- Package a few returns
- Help Sam with college tasks
- Load Kindle
- Check in for flight
- Finalize timing for tomorrow
- Make Costco list
- Make a salad for dinner. M is making kebabs & rice!