1) Financial -
- Finish all projects for our rental house & get it listed! - Our rental house is listed, so done.
- Update our project & budget list for our house - we have updated the project list, but not the budget.
- Start new family budget for post rental house sale - yes, have a draft. I'll update once we actually have a sale price.
- Find one alternative cost cutting option - I ordered reusable baggies. I'll be honest & say that I don't love them. They are workable for certain foods. I'll post a full review. If nothing else, for the things they work for, I'm saving every so slightly. ;-)
- Sell another $100 of items on either eBay or my local Facebook swap site. - Yes! I sold $230 worth of things we don't need, including a flat screen TV, and a kids table/chairs.
- Finalize our decluttering & organizing in the new house - we got a lot done! There is always more work to be done, however. I'm not sure I'd describe this as "final". :-)
- Do a minimum of one fun activity/month with the kids. This can be family puzzle night, cooking dinner together, board games, going out somewhere, etc. - we've been spending a lot of time by the pool as a family, which is great.
- Be more present with the kids & M - play games, minimize computer time, exercise together, etc. - I think this is going well, although mostly it's pool time or the occasional board game.
- Have two dates with M per month (one lunch, one evening) - Fail. However, the kids are going to be out of town for a few days in June, so we will take advantage of free date nights then.
- Plan M's birthday & Father's Day - I'm working on it, but still have some things to line up.
- Figure out what to do for both parents (Mother's Day & Father's Day) - I solve Mother's Day, but am waiting to hear back from my mom on a good suggestion for Father's Day.
- Run 25 miles in May - I've been doing a lot more strength training this month, so I ran 10 miles.
- Run a 10K - yes! It was incredibly hard, but done. :-)
- Eat five servings of fruit & vegetables (combined) per day - I'm at 3.5. Still plenty of room to improve.
- Complete 1000 minutes of cardio - Yes! I did 1085 minutes.
- Complete 6 strength workouts. - I completed 14 workouts & noticed a big improvement in my strength & overall muscle tone.
- Complete 6 stretching workouts. - I did 3 workouts, plus a massage + two visits to the physical therapist for limited mobility in my shoulder.
4) Work/career - Improve my work life balance.
- Keep better perspective at work/reduce stress - I'm doing an okay job of this, but quite frankly, until I have a lead in place in Asia, this is really hard. I do evening calls 3-4 nights/week, which is not conducive to having a chance to relax.
- Work from home 2x this month. - Yes!
- Brainstorm how I would spend my time if I wasn't working. Really think creatively about what this would mean, what the challenges would be, etc. - I actually started on this, but would like to spend more time thinking about it in June.
- Try a new recipe - I did try a new salad recipe over the weekend, and it was delicious.
- Do something social at least once per month. - Yes, I went for a hike with a friend. The frugally winning combination of hiking + chatting. I also went to a party I won at the school auction, which was pedicures & appetizers/desserts. It was really fun & lovely as well.
- Volunteer a minimum of 1x/month. - Yes! I volunteered twice this month, and have my big volunteer event coming up this afternoon.
Overall,I feel really good about the month. It was a nice blend of getting back into a regular workout routine, spending time with the family, & accomplishing some stuff around the house. I'm super excited about June - we have a lot of exciting things coming up.
What about you? How did you do with your May goals? Any big wins to celebrate?