Here are some frugal things we got up to:
- Used a $2 credit at Rite Aid, plus a 30% coupon I happened to notice. Picked up a few toiletries we needed.
- Also while at Rite Aid, discovered protein powder for 75% off. Protein powder has been on my shopping list for a while now (we use in smoothies for the kids, and in protein balls, etc) & this price saved approximately $12 for the same unit volume.
- Sold a gift card (free with another purchase) on Raise.com for $20 & changes. I'll apply this to my sidehustle
- A few of our standard groceries were on sale at Costco (lettuce & pineapple), saving an extra $2 off the bill
- Rather than buying three avocados for guacamole, our produce stand had a bag of approximate same weight for 1/2 the price. 2lbs of avocados for $1.49. We shall see if the smaller ones are any good!
- Bought Uber gift cards at a local grocery store, and earned $60 in grocery store gift cards. I use Uber for work trips to/from the airport, so the $60 is free to me.
- Sold a $5 item we no longer needed on our local Facebook swap. Decluttered something & made money!
- Combed through our car insurance again (we'll be shopping around once we give a car to my parents this summer) & was able to get the policy down by another $86/year by closely reviewing it.
- Someone at work was selling a $25 Alaska Air (our preferred airline for personal travel) gift card for $20, so I bought that & added it to my Alaska account, where it can be used for a future flight.
What about you? Any frugal wins for the week?