Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Weekly Spending Wrap Up (2/27/12-3/4/12)

Hope everyone had a great weekend! We took the kids skiing on Sunday, & it was the perfect day. Great weather, everyone listened, & both kids are finally up to doing intermediate runs. (We've spent the entire season on the bunny slopes). It made all of the time & effort that we've put into skiing feel worthwhile. :-)

I also took Friday off to complete our taxes (more on that later. We owe. A lot), and rewarded myself with my last free massage coupon. SO nice. We had a date night on Saturday, & skied on Sunday. Fun weekend!

Here's how we did this week:

  • Monday
    • $10.49 - Lowes. Not sure what M bought for the house.
  • Tuesday
    • $47.71 - Trader Joe's for snacks for my office. I've been buying much more food at work, since I ran out of snacks, & this is much healthier & cheaper.
  • Wednesday
    • No spend day
  • Thursday
    • $30 - replenishment of my toll pass
    • $723.84 - deposit for our hotel stay over Memorial Day weekend.
  • Friday
    • $106.31 - groceries
    • $60.93 - house stuff (mostly for the lawn))
    • $43.92 - gas
    • $49.24 - quarterly gift payment for a music subscription (for my father)
    • $6.01 - lunch at World Wrapps
    • $-59.66 - returned a sweater to Jcrew
    • Massage & pedicure -free with a coupon & on a gift card
  • Saturday
    • $29 - items for N's birthday party
    • $3.99 - groceries
    • $15.12 - gift. I'll be getting reimbursed for this.
    • $.41 - poster board for a school project. Apparently, I forgot to take this out of the cart, because I can't find it at home.
    • $8.99 - beer
    • $149.45 - running shoes. My current shoes (that were only 6 weeks old) were causing terrible bruising & swelling on my toes when running more than a few miles. I finally went to a running store & got fitted - I needed a bigger size. My toes are KILLING ME.
    • $2.37 - frozen yogurt after our date night
    • $58.28 - dinner & drinks on date night
  • Sunday:
    • $16.41 - ski lunch at Subway
    • $47 - ski passes
Total spend for the week = $1349.95. Pretty typical for a week, minus the running shoes & hotel deposit. I have $500 budgeted for clothing/shoe spending this year, so that's a huge chunk of my money. :-(

How did you do with your spending last week?

No comments:

Post a Comment