Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tidbits

Trying to get back into the swing of life after all my trip - it's always so much easier to plan for a trip, than to get yourself back into the groove when you get back! :-)

I'm so excited - our container plants are actually starting to produce! Washington's growing season is notoriously short, so some years we get almost nothing. We picked our first couple of tomatoes yesterday (which the boys ate before I could put in a salad), they also enjoyed the first two cucumbers (easily their favorite food), & we have a small handful of fresh strawberries. I need to go check the blueberry bush before the birds much on whatever is left. Yeah for gardens! Can't wait until the majority of the tomatoes ripen.

I'm also planning on filling the freezer with wild blackberries, but with the pending conversations about our relocation, it seems silly to plan ahead. I suppose I can always give the frozen berries away to a neighbor if we do end up moving quickly.

My entire life is in limbo & I'm not the kind of person who deals well with the unknown. I'm sure you've gathered that, with my extensive list making & all. ;-)

Things I'd like to do this week:
  1. Menu plan
  2. List a bike on Craigslist
  3. List 4 items on Craigslist (two necklaces, one table runner, and a dress)
  4. Figure out what I'm bringing to my nephew's birthday party
  5. Wrap nephew's gift
  6. Get in a few workouts. Especially needed after all of the indulgences over the weekend.
  7. Yoga! Pilates! My back has been bothering me - time to get serious.
Short of knowing where we will be living in a few months, that's pretty much all I can do.

What about you? Any produce yet from your garden? What are you hoping to do this week?

5 comments:

  1. We have had some produce so far, cabbage, lettuce, spinach, onions, zucchini, beets, and peas. I think we should have some cucumbers ready shortly. I'm sure it would be so hard to be in limbo and not know what's going on for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - nice work on the garden - that's an awesome haul!

      Delete
  2. Wow, so it a go ahead with the relocation. Congratulations! Will you need to do much work to be able to list your houses? Are you considering renting in SF in the meantime? Will you be getting a mortgage preapproval for your next home? Is the new company providing any relocation assistance?

    We will be checking out a new city to live and work shortly and all those questions have been rolling around in our heads. D (my husband) is still going through interviews but the new city is more expensive (not as much as SF) so we are carefully weighting its benefits vs staying where we are as there is no pressing reason to leave. Just wondering about better living elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are expecting the relocation details on Thursday, but yes, we are expecting quite a bit of assistance based on what we've heard/read about this particular company.

      We are a bit loathe to give up our current residence, so we will likely do some work with it, rent it out, and then rent in SF for some period of time. We will sell our vacation house.

      Delete
  3. I am doubling the blackberry picking this year as we ran out of frozen ones in January. They are awesome if frozen on cookie sheets then bagged up and put in pancakes as they burst and have so much flavor. Our container tomatoes just produced the first ripe cherry tomatoes yesterday too!

    ReplyDelete