I'm embarrassed to confess that I had a really terrible shopping trip on Saturday. Normally, I follow all of the frugal "rules", and check my stores before I shop. Yeah, sadly not this week. I didn't do the majority of the cooking, due to late work nights, and made assumptions without checking my outside fridge (we have two). Oh my. I wasted a good $18-$20. I'll try to double up our consumption on some of those items, but there's only so much lettuce you can eat, or milk the boys can drink. ;-) It was a great reminder that being organized still needs to be top of mind. Sometimes, I take for granted that I'm all over what I need to do to be frugal, and then I do something like this.
- Sunday - Lubia polo (for reals, this time. I've bumped it so many times!)
- Monday - Leftover meatloaf & mashed potatoes
- Tuesday - Tacos & homemade guacamole
- Wednesday - leftover lubia polo
- Thursday - Pasta with red pepper sauce (adults only on the sauce) + grilled chicken (freezer)
- Friday - Leftover tacos
- Saturday - Homemade pizza
- Sunday - Oven baked chicken risotto with chicken, butternut squash, and goat cheese.
What about you? What's on your menu for the week? What frugal tips do you use when you shop & plan your menus?