Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Hawaii is my favorite place

We are having an AMAZING time in Hawaii. We leave on Friday, so we're soaking up all of the fun.

This is what a Maui vacation looks like for us:

  • We've spent a minimum of 6+ hours a day at the pool (the boys are pool obsessed), minus our two excursion days
  • A trip to Haleakala to see the crater/volcano
  • A snorkel cruise (Sam got super seasick, so that wasn't as fun as we'd hoped)
  • Snorkeled off of the beach
  • A trip for epic shave ice
  • Played hotel bingo
  • More rainbows than you can imagine
  • Yoga by the beach (me :-))
  • Total relaxing family time. 

I feel SO relaxed. My favorite part? All of that time without a schedule, without work or any work requirements. I do have a phone interview tomorrow, but I haven't done any work at all. It's been glorious! :-)

Here are a few photos of the fun:


This vacation has been far from inexpensive, but we've done what we could to keep the expenses in check. We've made all of our own meals, with a couple of exceptions - a breakfast buffet (free for everyone in our group except one), the epic shave ice, and a basket of fries by the pool. We'll also do Thanksgiving dinner out (I'm not cooking! :-)). We stocked up on groceries at Costco on our first day, and have been trying to keep the poolside drinks to a minimum.

I'm going to soak up all of the fun! I hope you are all having a great week!

What's your favorite vacation destination?



8 comments:

  1. I loved Hawaii as well! My favorite though is upper Montana. Very limited traveling however and I am a nature freak.

    Yoga on the beach - that is something to dream about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Montana as well! Ahh, yoga on the beach was my favorite for sure.

      Delete
  2. How fun - looks like a great time. I don't really have a favorite, love to go places I haven't been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having a blast - such a great place to bring kids & relax. :-)

      Delete
  3. Looks like a good time! Glad you are relaxing. :) I love reading about vacations - even if they aren't mine!

    My favorite vacation destination thus far has been California ... we visited Southern CA & Sequoia National Park a couple years ago. I am itching to go back ... I would love to visit Northern CA and Yosemite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This vacation was particularly amazing, & I'm already dreaming about our next trip! :-)

      Delete
  4. (Long term reader - first time commenter) Wow that second photo is amazing!! I'm glad you and your family are having a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Thanks for commenting. :-) The view from Haleakala was crazy, and absolutely worth seeing

      Delete