Saving on things we buy
- Used flight credit for a trip to the beach I'm taking in April. My sister & BFF & I are going to run a half marathon. The flight credit covered the full cost, so no out of pocket spending for the flight.
- Figured out how to avoid a shipping charge for a gift that didn't meet the spend minimum, saving me from having to mail it myself.
- Earned enough to cash out a $10 Amazon reward on Bing
- Sold a jacket on eBay. I'd bought it for Sam this summer for an event, and by the time we noticed it was huge on him, it was out of the return window. I sold it for more than I paid for it, which means I've covered the eBay fees, and pretty much break even. Hurrah!
- I also added a few other things to eBay. Fingers crossed.
- We have been eating A TON of leftovers. Primarily because we had so many, but also to avoid food waste & the cost of eating out. Double win!
- Returned a bunch of things I'd ordered, but didn't need. Going through the effort of returning was a good reminder to not frivolously buy for wants vs needs.
And, in Frugal Fails, we didn't get our DMV renewal notice until well after the deadline. I don't know if it was delivered to a neighbor, & they eventually dropped it off at our house, or something else. Nonetheless, we had to pay a $70 penalty for being late, and no amount of explaining helped the situation.
What about you? Any frugal wins to report?