Friday, November 29, 2013

Friday Highlights

Every evening at dinner, we all go around the table & do our highlights of the day. Today was absolutely filled with highlights, so I know it was a great day. :-) Probably my favorite day with the kids since we moved.

We got up this morning (no alarm - so blissful!) & after breakfast, Nick & I went to Rite Aid. He heard about Black Friday shopping at school, & got super excited to shop & "find deals". Once the Rite Aid ad came out, he set off circling all of the "deals" he wanted to pick up. His list included: a new sponge for his bath, Cheez Its, Cherios (we don't typically have cereal at the house), a stuffed bear, & goldfish crackers. :-) We got some fantastic deals at Rite Aid today. After subtracting the price of a gift card (which I'd already planned to combine with a Black Friday deal for some needed jeans at the Gap), we paid just under $1 after rewards. We got tons of household stuff (although, I managed to avoid the teddy bear. :-))

Here's my mini shopper. :-)




We headed out to Santa Cruz after the shopping, & picked up lunch at Subway. After lunch, the boys played games, ate ice cream, & enjoyed the gorgeous day.


My big boy even went on the Giant Dipper with me!



After Santa Cruz, we drove to Capitola, where I promptly fell in love with the town, & decided that when we're rich, we'll buy another vacation house there. :-) It reminded me of a California version of our vacation house on the Oregon coast. Fabulous!


Does it get any better than this? We came home, & I made tacos & guacamole (avocados from our tree in the back) & M made pomegranate martinis. Life is good. :-)

Tomorrow I'll be back to talk about Thanksgiving, & our plans for December.

How was your day? Did you spend it getting deals, or did you have other activities planned? What's your favorite beach town?

4 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds like a wonderful day. Plus you are raising a bargain finder..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! It looks like a beautiful place to live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Capitola! There's a great state park there to camp( new Brighton ). My daughter went to UC Santa Cruz , so we were down there a lot. It's a great place and the weather is terrific. Glad you're enjoying the best of California. Although it's suppose to get very cold this week. Ugh, I don't like the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such a great day and $1 for everything, WAY TO GO!
    That looks just like my beach (we only live like 2 minutes from Lake Michigan)! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete