Saturday, November 23, 2013

Why I love weekends

The freedom . . . precious freedom! :-) On weekdays, I get up at 5:30 (six if I'm really lazy) & try to get to work by 7. I leave work at 4, head home, pick up the kids at 5:00, start dinner, & help with homework. After dinner, it's bath time, laundry, dishes, & packing lunches for the next day. Basically, all of the normal mom/family tasks.

Weekends look similar, but with so much schedule flexibility! I love it. :-)

Both boys have play dates today (one is over right now - three loud boys at once! Oh my :-)), so that should be interesting. I've made chocolate chip cookies for hungry boys to snack on.

Other than that, here's what I'm hoping to accomplish today:

  • Make a menu plan for the next couple of weeks
  • Do yoga
  • Go for a walk or run
  • Do my arms workout
  • Run to Osh Kosh to return a pair of pants, pick up a fleece for Sam, & purchase a gift for our giving tree family.
  • Import all of my contacts to my new phone. 
  • Make butternut squash soup & goat cheese crostini for dinner
  • Run to Costco for supplies
  • Review Christmas gifts, determine what I still need ( & how we're doing on the budget)
  • Continue 2014 financial plan
  • Hang up jewelry racks, & organize closet.

Anything I don't do today will carry over to tomorrow!

What about you? What are you up to today?

3 comments:

  1. Right now, I am taking care of a very fussy 2 month old and that is taking almost all my time. Going on a lack of sleep as his tummy is bothering him badly. He goes home around 4 though, so I will get a little sewing in, then maybe sit down with hubby and go over Christmas lists, menu and grocery shopping much like you! Tomorrow is full on sewing - I have 5 orders due the Monday after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a long list as well that i'm slowly working on.. right now i'm catching up on some blogs and deleting some old blog links! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got half of the Christmas decorations up outside..then it just got to darn cold. I got tired just looking at your list :)

    ReplyDelete