Sunday, July 13, 2014

That glorious moment & a half marathon!

When you meet with a tax accountant to start planning for 2014, and realize you made an error on your 2013 taxes. Run home, enter the correct data in TurboTax, and realize you're getting a $2500 refund (or, your enormous tax bill that you already paid is reduced by $2,500, thus you'll be getting some of your money back). Hot dog! :-)

Today has been filled with cookie making (sending them with the boys today, as they are both attending pool party/sleepovers) & turning a LOT of fresh tomatoes into this:




I can honestly say that having too many tomatoes was never a problem in Washington, but this is the second weekend in a row that I've used up 20+ pounds of tomatoes

In other news, I finished my half marathon & ran this morning! Feeling very, very happy that it was still an option with the lupus. I'm slower than I used to be, but I'll take it!


I'm a little sore & tired, but feeling pretty great. Life is about embracing changes, challenging yourself & believing that anything is possible. If you'd asked me if this was in the cards a year ago, I would have said no. What a great day!

What's the best thing that happened to you this weekend?

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on the nice refund! And 20lbs of tomatoes? I'm so envious! I got two so far :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tomatoes are everywhere! I'm thinking salsa this weekend. :-) Hope you get some soon!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great day - marathon, money back from the government and your tomato cup runeth over - woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Very, very good weekend. :-) It ended with my little guy in the hospital for stitches after a fall. . . somehow things always end up kind of like that, don't they? :-)

      Delete
  3. Woot on "extra" new money! Many congrats on the marathon! You go, girl! I could certainly use some home made salsa right about now. Grocery store tomatoes, for some reason, are just very low quality! It's mid summer, people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm very excited to have finished - I was slow, but such a milestone, post-Lupus. Can't wait to tell my doctor next week. :-)

      I'm with you - store tomatoes are the pits, compared to a delicious, ripe one out of the garden.

      Delete
  4. This post just makes me smile! awesome, awesome, and awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! I smile whenever I read this. Is that crazy? My own post? I can feel my own excitement coming through the picture. :-)

      Delete
  5. LOVE this! Congrats! I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was such a fabulous day. I get a little emotional just thinking about it! It was mostly overcoming my own mental block that I would never run another one. I had to prove to myself that I still could!

      Delete
  6. Normally, errors in filing tax reports lead to headaches. But in your case, you even got a refund for the excess taxes from what you paid the last time. While it may have turned out great for you this time, it's still better to pay attention to the small details when it comes to taxes.

    Rebecca Cross @ Advanced Accounts

    ReplyDelete