Monday, May 6, 2024

Menu Plan Monday

It's always hard to get back into the groove, post-vacation, but here we are! Creating a menu plan always makes life easier during the busy weeks ahead. We have lots of senior activities happening, school tennis wrapping up, club soccer, volunteering & lots of other projects at the moment. So, you'll see more convenience meals over the upcoming month or so.

  • Friday - orange chicken & rice
  • Saturday - spaghetti, meatballs & garlic bread
  • Sunday - risotto & grilled chicken
  • Monday - tacos
  • Tuesday - chicken shawarma
  • Wednesday - leftover tacos
  • Thursday - leftover chicken shawarma
  • Friday - wings & pot stickers
What about you? What's on your menu this week?

6 comments:

  1. I mixed up some black bean and corn salsa just because I had the ingredients and don't want to ship yes- too nice to be in store! At some point I or my son will actually need to do a real grocery shop, but I can cobble a couple days. I'm thinking quesadillas with the salsa, almost a salad, and make some rice for tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The black bean & corn salsa sounds great! I love anything Mexican food themed. (HP)

      Delete
  2. May was my least favorite month when the kids were in school. It seemed it was non-stop from the first until Memorial Day.
    You are right about having an idea of what will be happening for meals lessening some of the chaos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May with a senior is next level crazy! I feel so lucky to have this time off of work, because I'm not sure how I'd be surviving otherwise. (HP)

      Delete
  3. I think I must learn to make risotto.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you haven't made the authentic kind before (which is fabulous, but can be a hassle), Southern Living has a baked risotto (or, cheater risotto, as I call it), which is fantastic & a close second. I'd start there! I put all kinds of leftovers in risotto (meat, cheese, veggies, etc). (HP)

      Delete