Sunday, May 5, 2024

Sunday Happenings

I was pretty productive yesterday, although I also took a nap! This is unheard of for me, both because I'm typically unable to nap & it's just not something I try to do. The last time I napped was either when I had COVID, or coming back from an international work trip. Anyway, wow, a Saturday nap!

The boys were largely around the house, studying for upcoming AP tests, and Nick took the SATs in the morning. I had to be up bright & early to get him up & make breakfast, & I'm still catching up from Sedona. I shared a bed with my mom, and she's not a great sleeper, so neither of us slept as much as we would have liked on our trip.

I cleaned the house, worked on my soccer volunteer project, got some calendaring tasks done, helped Nick with his summer job work permit, and went to a workout class.

As for today, here's my plan:

  • Sweep the back patio. Yesterday was really rainy & windy, so I need to get some leaves & other debris swept up before they make their way into the pool.
  • Clean the fridge
  • Vacuum
  • Laundry
  • Nick's soccer game
  • Pick up M at the airport
  • Workout class
  • List at least 1 item on eBay
  • Farsi lesson
  • Journal
  • Meditate
What about you? What's on your list for the day? Anyone have any fun plans?

8 comments:

  1. My son and older daughter are helping to get yard work done and things moved and ready for fence posts. It's a beautiful day and I don't want to waste doing things like grocery shopping, so stretching a few more days with our top ups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you're having a beautiful day & can enjoy it! It rained all day yesterday, but it's at least sunny today. (HP)

      Delete
  2. Our fun plans are to go see a matinee at our local community theater which is withing walking distance of our house! Given that we live in the Deep South and the temperature and humidity are already high, we will probably drive, but in better weather, we do walk.
    On the home chores front, I've already given one bathroom a cursory clean, and I plan to do the same in the other one before lunch. When I have dirty bathrooms and a time crunch simultaneously, I always think about Peg Bracken's book The I Hate To Housekeep Book. In it, Peg says, "...forget the old cliche that anything worth doing is worth doing well. This isn't true. When you're going at a high lope, a fast swipe at the sink is a lot better than no swipe at all."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to the matinee sounds great! And, I should read that book, because it describes me perfectly! I'm most certainly not a person who enjoys cleaning. (HP)

      Delete
    2. Originally published in 1962, the book is probably out of print, but I imagine you can find a secondhand copy from any number of sources. It's very entertaining as well as helpful.

      Delete
  3. Oh those SAT years. As stressful for parents as they are/were for the teens taking them!

    Well, our morning started with a text from my older daughter letting us know she'd just qualified for Ironman World Championships in New Zealand this December, so intense trip planning ate up the bulk of my morning- it's fun to support her as she becomes increasingly competitive in her age bracket.

    Otherwise, I'll be running to the beach and back, just a quick 3 miles after doing 7+ yesterday, then cleaning up before going to a local playhouse to see a funny play and then dinner out with my spouse and my mom.

    No chores, because I push all those to Mondays since retiring.

    - Tamara R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice work on the runs (woot for running 7+ yesterday!). Are you training for an event?

      And, big congrats to your daughter!! So impressed with her. Plus, maybe I should start training for something that takes me to NZ, because ...bucket list travel! (HP)

      Delete
  4. My list for today was easy. I made the task lists up for next week (each day), and then worked on my quilt blocks after stripping and remaking our bed. Really just a quiet day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete