Saturday, May 4, 2024

Sedona budget recap

My mom & I had a fabulous trip to Sedona. It originally came about as I had Hyatt free night awards that needed to be used up before they expired. I researched a few options, and have always wanted to go out Sedona. It was a perfect pre-Mother's Day gift for my mom, and a great experience all around. I loved Sedona & definitely want to go back.

I set a budget of $1500 for the trip, and here's what I spent:

  • Flights - $80. I used Southwest points & gift cards for the rest
  • Hotel - $0. I used Hyatt free night awards for all four nights
  • Car rental - $190.37
  • Parking at a hiking location - $5
  • Gas for the rental car - $45.45
  • Food = $339.84
  • Parking at our local airport, as M & I did a car swap (he was flying out the same day I was landing) - $18
Total spent = $678.66. (Note that my mom also picked up a couple of meals.)

We tried to keep the cost really in check, and I think we did well. One of the meals was much more expensive than we would have wanted, and it was our least favorite. But, what can you do. Our morning coffees were also a splurge, but we skipped breakfast, shared a burrito bowl at Chipotle for another inexpensive lunch, had leftovers one day, and picked up sandwiches at Safeway another day. All in all, it was a really reasonably priced trip, particularly thanks to the free hotel & inexpensive flights.

If you ever get a chance to go to Sedona, highly recommend!

5 comments:

  1. I am impressed with the cost of the trip. Well done using the points!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad you both had a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the points. Meals that disapoint are often the most expensive it seems. I know Chipotle bowls are huge- always two meals from the bowls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the costs! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you did very well on your trip. I am so impressed that you came in under your budget.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete