Friday, August 9, 2013

A California weekend!

Well, we've finally gotten an address for our temporary housing, which means I can register the kids for school starting on 8/24. This is huge - I've been extremely stressed about this for weeks now. We'll be in Cupertino, at least for some period of time.

Nick is thrilled that we're staying in an apartment, he says trying new things & staying new places is something he's always wanted to do. ;-) Also, the place has a pool, so he's definitely excited to come home from school & hit the pool. Given that I've yet to find them a fall soccer team (so sad about that), at least we'll have the pool to entertain them with. :-) The school looks to be less than a mile from the temporary housing, so I'm hoping we can walk in the mornings.

And with that, we're heading to California this evening, and going to check out the area. Can't wait!

In semi-move related news, I had my first migraine yesterday. Wow. Talk about a terrible experience. I had to have M pick me up at work, as my vision was blurred & the pain was so intense I couldn't drive. I came home, took a two hour nap, &  felt improved enough to go back to work for a critical meeting. I assume it was caused by stress. For anyone who is a regular sufferer, you have my complete sympathy - it's so debilitating!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the alone time with M (we're considering this our "date" for August ;-)), even though we'll be busy checking out the local area. Kid-free dinners out (comped by the relocation!) sound delightful. My sister, who so fabulous, has an entire weekend of fun planned for the boys - including a scavenger hunt, & a trip to the nickel arcade. :-)

What are you up to this weekend? And, have you ever had a migraine?!

6 comments:

  1. No migraines, but I certainly have had headaches that made me pray I never have them.

    We are heading out for the weekend, just camping in a new park. Something I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

    Have fun this weekend and I hope the trip is successful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your migraine, sounds awful.

    Have a good weekend & enjoy your alone time with M!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased that you know where you'll be living - hopefully you can find a soccer team :)

    Sorry to hear about the migraine - it sounds awful :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time this weekend exploring your new home base. I hope mr migraine stays well away from it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a migraine a few weeks ago, and it took DAYS to get over. I hope you are ok for the weekend!

    Enjoy exploring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had more than my share of migraines. It's flat out miserable.
    Life seems to be a wonderful adventure for you! Enjoy the ride and thank you for sharing all of the wonderful things going on in your world.

    ReplyDelete