It's HAPPENING! I can't believe it.
It looks like the official move date will be Saturday, 8/31 - so, 30 days from today. But, who's counting?
I'm making progress on my giant list! :-) I'm sure I'll be adding to it in the days to come.
Finalize a move date -Looks like 8/31. Sign formal offer letter (M). This task will make the move "official" & trigger a bunch of other tasks that are pending until this is complete.
- Determine school district & register boys. - Waiting to hear back from the relo team on housing options.
Cancel child care for this school year in our current district.
- Continue to decluttter. This is an ongoing task. ;-) I'm hoping to tackle our bedroom & more kitchen items. - Ongoing, but I'm working on it every day.
- Create a work back schedule based on finalized move date. - Mostly done.
- Purchase flights to visit San Francisco. Coordinate childcare with my sister. - It's next weekend, but haven't purchased flights.
- Cancel boys soccer for fall
- Attempt to locate fall soccer for both kids in SF. This could be tricky.
Take books to Half Price. Return extraneous purchases to the mall.
- Go through the pantry again & check to see what my sister wants.
- List treadmill on Craigslist.
- Go through the toys.
- Make muffins out of all the bananas lingering in the freezer.
- Talk to my HR department at work.
- Clean both freezers.
Create a menu/plan with my sister for our family beach trip.
- Figure out additional benefits at M's work.
- Make a packing list/inventory. - Started.
- Find a new rheumatologist & get on a waiting list.
- Find the boys a new pediatrician.
- Verify immunizations are up-to-date.
Cancel boys school supply orders.
- Get school supply list for new school.
Oh, how exciting! Good luck completing the list! I'm sure the offer was great. So happy for all of you. It'll be an adventure for sure.ReplyDelete
Super adventure! :-) The offer was definitely good, although any time you are moving & selling two houses . . . there are scary expenses lurking. That's for sure!Delete
Wow! This is happening fast! Moving is very exciting ... can't wait to follow along!ReplyDelete
It sure is! I'm trying to see as many friends as possible - it's nuts. So many people to see, so much to do before we go.Delete
The last "big" move we did was 13 (almost 14!) years ago when we moved from VA to CT. We were married 2 years, no kids.....I wish you all the "luck" in the world on this journey!!! It was tough doing it then....doing it now with all the kid stuff. ICK.ReplyDelete
So, you going to share any new house contenders???
Thanks, Mysti! We get three months of temporary housing in a district of our choosing (for school purposes) & have narrowed in on a few choices. We should have the details by Monday. From there, we will enroll the kids in school & then start the search for a longer term rental. We are not planning on buying now, and/or maybe not over the long term.Delete
So exciting, San Francisco is a beautiful city . We live 3 hours away in the Sierra foothills. You'll have to schedule a trip to Lake Tahoe when thing settle down . Good luck house hunting. Everything in SF is so expensive.ReplyDelete
We are super excited about it, and we were just talking about a getaway to Lake Tahoe once things settle. :-) We will do the temporary housing for a few months to get settled, then find a more permanent rental. We're not planning on buying at the moment, and may opt to not do it at all.Delete