Here's what I've done so far, & of course, what remains to be done! :-) I also managed to find soccer teams for the boys, even though it meant signing up to be an assistant coach! Motherly love, I tell you. :-)
Work out a minimum of 2x/week. This is not a lot for me, honestly, but I have to commit. So many other competing priorities have made this not an option lately, but it's a must do.So far, so good. Wrap up my Ebay stuff until we're moved/unpacked. I finished/mailed my last package today, & I'm pretty much out of stuff to sell anyway. Good timing. ;-) I've made $2333 on eBay so far this year (that's the net profit - after shipping, fees, etc). Not too shabby! -Yes, although one of my packages was lost in the mail, & my receipt is missing in the moving craziness. Not happy that I had to eat the cost. Sell our treadmill. It is not getting moved, so this is a must do.- Done! I made $800 for my "yoga/gym" fund. :-) Finalize housing. We have temporary housing as a back up, but we're actually hoping to find our own place in another city that we both prefer. - Done! We rented a house. I've never seen it, but let's hope I like it. ;-)
- Register the kids in school. This is dependent on #5. If it comes down to the wire, I'll register them at our temp housing address. - Nope. Can't register until 9/1 when our lease begins. But, I'm planning on doing all of the paperwork/pre-registration online tomorrow.
Give notice at work (Thursday!!!) -Oh, yes. This happened. My manager & I don't really see eye-to-eye, so this was a bit of a disaster. I'll be working in the office until next week, & then working remotely from our San Francisco office for September, wrapping up a few projects. Pack & shop for my family beach vacation, & enjoy it. Who knows when it will happen again? - Oh, my oh my did we ever have a fabulous time! Buy one way tickets for our flight to San Francisco.- Done! The boys & I are flying out next Friday, & M will join us once the movers are done on Saturday.
- Sell all the rest of our furnishings that we're not moving. - Ugh. I have a coffee table, two end tables, & a sectional still to go.
- Cancel utilities. - I'm half done.
- Make a menu for the last few dinners.
- Call the moving company to get a list of things we can't pack.
- Give away all remaining items we can't move.
- Sell all remaining furniture on Craigslist, or donate.
- Cancel garbage service.
- Sign up/transfer trash service.
- Sign up/transfer water service.
- Sign up/transfer power service.
- Get the boys their required immunization (specific to their school district - they already meet the state standards.) What a fun welcome to California! ;-)
- Enroll the boys in school.
- Figure out soccer schedule.
- Have a call with a recruiter who has been "stalking" me. ;-) The role definitely sounds interesting, but I promised myself 3 months without even looking for something else. Ha!
- Pack for our flight. We're taking multiple suitcases, as we likely won't have our belongings for over a week.
- Decide on a rental property management house for our primary residence.
- Finish remodel on primary residence. Oh yes, such a small task. ;-)
- List our vacation home.
- Work out a minimum of twice this week.
- Research activities for the kids.
- Find a new gym.
In other news, my mom, sister & I walked ten miles last Sunday. We also drank wine, watched four cousins pick blackberries & play hide & seek, and laughed a lot. What a fabulous beach vacation!
A gorgeous sunset from the deck.
Happy (almost) Friday! Any big weekend plans for you?