Monday, March 10, 2014

Menu Plan Monday

Planning a menu for the week is the only way I manage to get dinner on the table on crazy week nights, and avoid eating out. I have evening calls twice a week (meeting with Japan), so it's super important that I do the majority of the cooking on weekends & then add a side dish, or defrost something from the freezer during the week.

I made monster cookies for the kids lunches (YUM) yesterday, plus bread, pizza dough, & taco meat.

Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Saturday - we had grilled burgers. It was 75 here. ;-)
Sunday - Homemade pizza
Monday - Tacos (meat prepped on Sunday)
Tuesday - Leftover burgers
Wednesday - I have an evening event to attend, so leftover pizza, I'm guessing.
Thursday - M is out of town, so I'll probably do pasta & chicken for the kids, and something to use up all of the red potatoes that are going bad for me.
Friday - M is out of town, so something easy like sandwiches.
Saturday - M is out of town, & Nick is having a friend sleep over for his birthday. Likely cheese pizza, homemade popcorn, & birthday cupcakes! :-)
Sunday - Leftovers
Monday - out to dinner for Nick's actual birthday. He's requested Greek food.

What about you? What's on your menu plan for the week? What are your tricks for getting dinner on the table during busy week days? 

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, 75 degrees. The food sounds delicious too, but 75 degrees! I love your menu, very summer'ish overall. I need to get some popcorn myself. I have no plans yet (I should or I'll be eating canned soup again!). Chicken tacos are pretty good, with some sour cream.

    ReplyDelete