Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sunday Night Chit Chat

What a fun & fast-paced weekend it's been. I managed to get in 20 miles of walking & running this week (my goal!). I'm *thinking* about doing another half marathon in July (albeit at a much slower pace from my previous time), and if I keep up the miles at this level, it's within reach.

We had a soccer game yesterday (Sam's team got absolutely decimated) & the tops of my feet got sunburned! That was painful in my running shoes today. Nick had soccer this morning, & both boys attended a birthday party this afternoon, while I ran the track at the park where the party was held. I also made hummus, & pesto from all of the gorgeous basil growing in the yard. It was an absolutely gorgeous weekend, & I didn't work at all. Wish all of my days were like this. ;-)


  • Reading: I just finished a book this afternoon (reading out on the patio with a glass of wine - absolute HEAVEN). 
  • Listening to: The boys are listening to an episode of Top Gear. They are obsessed with cars. ;-) 
  • Watching: Same as above. Top Gear!
  • Cooking/baking: I make pasta with pesto (fresh from the garden), and we had a huge veggie tray with homemade hummus for an appetizer.
  • Happy I accomplished this past week: I finished our summer camp registrations (oh my, the cost, and oh my the time needed to coordinate!!!) I also got our taxes all mailed off. *Shivers*
  • Looking forward to: My friend is visiting from Seattle with her daughter, and we're having lunch on Wednesday. We're also going to Great America with the kids on Saturday, which should be fun. 
  • Thankful for: Having enough money to pay our taxes, despite owing a boatload of money. And, that we had such a fabulous weekend together. The boys are growing up so quickly, & the journey is getting very enjoyable. :-) 
What about you? How was your weekend? What are you looking forward to in the week ahead?

No comments:

Post a Comment