Saturday, June 7, 2014

May goals recap

First up, Sam (my second grader) came in 5th place in his school for their weekly running event. Each week, the kids run laps on Fridays. He ran a total of 50 miles this year, which was the 5th highest mileage in the school. He was so proud! :-)


And, I grew my first green pepper! We had it diced with eggs this morning. It was yummy. Our green pepper plant is growing out of control. I'll have to figure out what to do with all of these beauties.



Here's how I did with my May goals!

  1. Lose 3 lbs. This is a must do. Time to really focus on my weight. - I lost 2.1 lbs, and feel much more toned! Feeling very good about this. :-) 
  2. Track my calories every day using MyFitnessPal - Done!
  3. No dessert at work! For the entire month! Again - loved this goal last month. - Done, and I think my weight loss reflects this!
  4. Complete 1,000 minutes of cardio. (Workout 20 days). - 1,123, helped by some big runs & walks. Woohoo! Most cardio in a year!
  5. Complete 8 strength workouts. - Close. I got in 6.
  6. Complete 8 stretching workouts. :-( - I only did 3. This one remains a challenge to fit into my schedule.
  7. Continue Half Marathon training. - Yes! I'm now up to the more challenging distances, & still making it work.
  8. Have one date night with M. - Yes, we went on a double date.
  9. Finalize our vacation plans for the rest of the year, and create a budget. - Our budget took a huge hit with the unexpected 2011 tax situation, & I still need to book some tickets. Otherwise, we're in good shape for the planning side.
  10. Do one social activity. - Yes, I've been going to a group workout class, & carpooling with moms from my neighborhood. It's an awesome workout, & I enjoy the social time in the car. ;-) 
  11. Stick to our budget. - I know this is a huge fail, due to the taxes, but will have a full accounting up soon.
  12. Determine if we should lower our vacation house sale price, & get it in shape when I'm in town over Memorial Day. - Done! We lowered the price, and cleaned out a bunch of stuff we didn't need, plus met with our realtor.
  13. Renew my passport! I need to do this for work, as I have a trip to London coming up. - Oops. Forgot this was even on here. Will move this to June. ;-) 

My June goals still need to be posted, and I need to finish my May financial accounting (shudder), but that's how May went! What about you? How did you do with your May goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment