Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I'm having one of those weeks

It's an insanely busy week at work, and my son injured himself & couldn't go to sports camp yesterday. So, mad scrambling to get coverage during the work day, leaving early, trip to the urgent care, etc. Luckily, he just has a very light muscle pull & is fine. My windshield also cracked on the way to Urgent Care. . .

Today, I went to our spare fridge to grab extra milk for my coffee. And, after pouring, took a big drink & realized the milk was sour. Went back to the fridge/freezer and realized that when putting away all of their various balls this weekend, one of the kids inadvertently dislodged the freezer/fridge plugged & all of the food was bad. Probably $500 or so worth of: all of my prepped meals, meat, 2 large jugs of milk, 36 organic eggs, two bricks of cheese. . .

And, all of my time of preparing all of those meals. :-(((((

Onward, and upward. It was an accident, and I got a chance to clean my fridge & freezer at 6:00 this morning. So, there's that? ;-) And, I no longer have pesky worries of how to utilize everything in my freezer.

I do need to figure out how to quickly restock what we lost & start restocking all of our freezer meals. That will be no small feat.

In awesome news, I posted an ad for a nanny, and already have a great response. We really, really need help right now, so this is awesome.

And, my kids are happy & healthy, & I have a great family. Keeping my eye on all of the good things.

I think tonight will be a yoga night. Deep breathing! :-)

Since I now need great recipes, please share your favorite freezer meals!

9 comments:

  1. Ain't that the truth... bad things always come in groups. Sometimes, in hordes! That's so awful that you lost all that food! Only you can find a silver lining on such a situation, haha... sucks, truly. But yeah, guess there never was a better time to start from scratch. I love making meat sauce to freeze. Goes easy with tacos, chili, pasta, or rice. You could also go Judy style and make lasagnas and burritos. I'll be looking at a lot of chicken the next following weeks...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another silver lining - we store all of the meat/meal stuff in that freezer, and things like fruit, bread, etc in our indoor freezer. Lo & behold, I discovered a bunch of spaghetti sauce in our indoor freezer, so at least there are a few things to add to my meal stash. A mistake proved to be a great one. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Oh crap!
    So sorry for your food loss....but any hard cheese might still be salvageable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the more painful after a cup of coffee with sour milk. ;-) The freezer is all sparkly clean, and is in the process of getting restocked.

      Delete
  3. Ugh, I'm sorry you are having such a long day... I hope it gets better from now on!
    My favorite source for freezer meal recipes is Pinterest. They have a ton of good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never gotten into pinterest, but I should try it out! I love trying new recipes.

      Delete
  4. Crappy day be gone! You have a good attitude, and just think, the kids will now be paranoid about unplugging it so it will never happen again! Hoping your week goes a wee bit better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - the rest of the week was a definite improvement. :)

      Delete
  5. Definitely want to try the potstickers! Sounds fantastic. Will you have a Trader Joes near you in Kauai? Can't wait to hear all about life on the island!

    ReplyDelete