Friday, October 16, 2015

I kind of forgot about my 2015 goals

I saw another blog post, and decided that maybe I should take a peek & see what I hoped to accomplish this year. And, maybe get a reality check? ;-)

  • Financial
    • Meet with a financial advisor - nope. Probably not going to happen. I have a very specific goal that we are working toward. 
    • Save $50,000 towards a downpayment for a house in California - we are not saving towards this goal, but we are well above this is our savings account. We're saving it for other things. 
    • Put $10,000 in the boys college accounts - we scaled this back, in light of other financial goals. We put $2500 in. 
    • Pay $55,000 towards our mortgage principal(s) - we're at $28K, so definitely not going to hit this. But, we're saving for me to leave my job. 
    • Save for our 2015 travel budget in advance - done. 
    • Stick to our monthly & yearly budgets - For our monthly budget, we are at 75% spent, with 79% of the year elapsed, so we are under our budget!!!  For the yearly budget, we are at 68% of budget (excluding taxes ;-))!!!!! 
    • Re-plan our yearly budget categories - Yes! I have two budgets - while I'm working, and after for 2016. This is both our yearly & monthly categories. 
  • Family
    • Look for more opportunities to have fun with the family. - I don't think I've done a terribly good job at this. We've done a lot of fun things, but we're also really busy and enjoy down time. 
    • Be more present with the kids. - eh? I'm pretty good until the later part of the evening, and then I'm so exhausted, I'm like a zombie. 
    • Come up with a five year plan that minimizes my need to work in my career (open to other work options). - Oh, yes! And, I've accelerated this to be June of 2016.
  • Fitness/health
    • Lose 10 pounds, bringing my weight to 135. If this goal sounds similar to last year's, that's because it is. I managed to lose 8 lbs, and then gained it back during the second half of the year. Sigh. - :-( That's all I'll say. I've gained 4 pounds. The traveling, jet lag, breaking of my routine does me no good. 
    • Run another half marathon. - I was supposed to run one this weekend, but I'm headed to Beijing. I will not be training for a half this year. I still have another week long trip. Not only are the trips an issue, I'm very jet lagged when I get back & have a hard time getting back into my routine. 
    • Track my food/exercise every day. - So far, yes. 
    • Complete 10,000 minutes of cardio - I'm at 70% complete, with 79% of the year elapsed, so I need to pick up the pace. 
    • Complete 100 strength workouts. - Yes! I'm already at 107 strength workouts!
    • Complete 75 stretching workouts. - Definitely no. I'm at 15. :-( 
  • Work/career
    • Keep better perspective at work/reduce stress. - I haven't reduced my stress, but I have a plan. :-) 
    • Reduce my hours. - definitely not. But, ditto above. 
  • Giving back
    • Figure out a way to volunteer. I'd like to volunteer at the boy's school, as it's important for me to be connected. But, the hours are terrible. I need to be a bit more creative about options. - I've volunteered twice this year. So, some, but definitely not what I'd like. 
    • Increase our charitable giving by 25% - oh yes! We've doubled our charitable giving. 
  • House
    • Declutter each room in the house - yes! 
    • Clean out the garage - we did about half of it, before M threw it in the towel. Considering it took us 10 years to get to that, I'll take it. I'll keep the task, because we have more work to do.
  • Personal/creative
    • Have one date night with M per month - yes!
    • Learn a new skill. I'm thinking of learning a new language, but would be fine with anything: sewing, knitting, expanding my baking, etc. - I haven't done any of this. I forgot about this goal, to be totally honest.
    • Make time for my friends! Do something social at least once per month. - I've done something most months, so I'll give myself a .75
    • Read 50 books. - I've definitely read more than 50 books!

Looking at this, I can definitely figure out where I haven't spent my time this year (cough *my health & fitness*). It's so good to check in & remember what I still have to do, with just 2.5 months to go. What about you? Did you set goals for 2015? How are they going? 

1 comment:

  1. Your whole future potentially changed so don't beat yourself over the goals. I love that you now have a plan to spend more time with your family, work less and be happier. It takes a little time to get there but it will happen for you. I didn't set any goals this year, but things are still working out fine (although I could definitely lose more weight).

    ReplyDelete