Hawaii was amazing. We stayed at a hotel that had free activities & fitness classes, and I did 2-3/day most days. I went to 10 yoga classes! What a fun treat. We also went to Haleakala & hiked, swam with turtles, and went canoeing. But mostly, M & I just spent time together. Laughing, talking, riding in the car with no one else interrupting . . the simple pleasures. It was fabulous & I'm so happy we went!
Here are a few frugal highlights for the week:
- We stayed on track with our vacation budget. In fact, we only spent $25 at the hotel (minus the room cost, which we booked through Costco). Two poolside drinks on our last day, and a scoop of ice cream. YUM!
- We brought our own wine in our (free) checked bag, and had that on the lanai every night.
- Stuck to happy hour for most dinners, and had one more elaborate meal out to celebrate our anniversary
- Ate breakfast in the room (protein bars, muffins, & bananas), as well as lunch almost every day. We stopped by Costco & picked up a few groceries. Our hotel room didn't have a kitchen, but it did have a mini fridge, so we kept our groceries there & got creative.
- Took advantage of all the free workouts & a few activities as well - making the most of our resort fee that's included in the hotel.
- Free carpool to/from work both yesterday & today
What about you? Any big frugal wins to report?
With that, I'm off to put together a meal plan, so the rest of the week ahead won't be so scrambled!