I wanted to give an update on where I stand with my pantry challenge. Some definite progress, although more work to do! My dad will be visiting next week (while we're in Hawaii!), so hopefully he'll eat some of the cashews. ;-)
- An enormous (25 oz) jar of green olives. Side note: what was I thinking?
1/3 or so of a package of chocolate breakfast cereal. This is nothing we would allow the boys for breakfast, but I'm open to using it in something a little more snack like. One of our house guests brought this.- used, in a batch of granola bars! The end of a bag of pretzel chips.Used these for these delicious granola bars.
- Two 1/2 used boxes of lasagna noodles - Used one 1/2 box, so down to the other half
- A 1/2 bag of pine nuts. - Used some for homemade pesto, but only had enough basil to use a bit.
- Most of a container of almonds - used about half for almond butter, when I ran out of peanut butter
- Most of a container of cashews . . . ditto the almond butter. Used about half for cashew butter, to replace peanut butter.
A few bits & bobs of trail mix- used, in a batch of granola bars!
- Most of a large bag of sourdough stuffing.
- The last of a bottle of green chile sauce (from the fridge) - used up in chicken fiesta rice!
An unopened jar of Nutella- turns out this was expired (& had a funky taste), so unfortunately, it was tossed. I have no idea why M bought this way back in the day, but it will never make it on another grocery list, so I feel like we can avoid this type of waste moving forward.
What about you? What are you up to this Saturday? Any lingering pantry items you want to use up? :-)