Friday, October 4, 2019

Frugal Friday

I'm not sure how frugal the week was, as I was traveling. It appears that the boys ate out a couple of times, but everything was reasonably inexpensive. I spent zero dollars out of pocket myself.

There were only three frugal wins that I can think of:

1) Used my Citi visa for my hotel stay, and will earn travel rewards. I will get my expense report filed quickly, once the credit card clears my account. I need the exact conversion amount between JPYs and dollars.
2) I called Costco about our fridge repair & the ongoing saga of our leaky fridge. The fridge appears to be fixed, although it took three months to get it solved. Costco originally offered me $100. I immediately asked for a supervisor, and we agreed on $400, plus a separate claim for the wall damage.
3) I sold a book on Ebay

I'm so happy that dealing with it's over!

I have a ton to get done this weekend (house cleaning, soccer, meal prep, etc), so hoping the jet lag isn't too bad. I landed this afternoon, after a pleasant business class return flight home. It really does make such a difference to be able to stretch out a bit on the return flight.

What about you? Any frugal wins for the week?

3 comments:

  1. It was a humble thrift week for me, but mostly we reined in eating out spending. Hubs suggested going out for a burger, but our anniversary is later this week and I'd rather we invest in a bit nicer place and just appreciate the experience more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You travel to so many neat places with your job. Glad Costco finally sorted out your fridge issues, generally they are pretty good but it always pays to talk to a supervisor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about having to get a ton done this weekend. I ran multiple errands on Friday night and then hopped right into laundry on Saturday morning. We didn't even yard sale because we had so much to do. By noon I had all the laundry done, folded, and put away, so I'm counting that as a win-win. Today I want to cook up some soup for lunches for the week and then we get to start all over tomorrow. LOL I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete