Friday, February 7, 2020

Frugal Friday

Another week has flown by! Here's what we've been up to. We've done all of the basics (driven our electric car as our primary driver, charged for free at work, meals at home, eaten out of the freezer where possible, etc.)


Saving on things we buy:

  • I was able to purchase discounted lift tickets for my nephew during our Whistler trip, as I remembered there were season pass discounts. I saved 40% for my parents, who are covering his pass.
  • Filled out a reimbursement form for a medical expense, and received prompt payment.

Earning money:

  • I made $7 on an eBay sale (it was a hat I purchased for $5, and sold for $12.)
  • Found a dime on the ground
  • I took our spare change & used a Coinstar machine to turn it into an Amazon gift card that we will use for essentials. Mostly because change is annoying to have jingling around, but also because the money can offset future expenses, vs hanging around the house. 
  • Not so much earning, as prompt payback, but I use my personal credit card to get rewards on work spending (allowed at my company) & file expense reports as quickly as possible to ensure I'm not floating the money. 
  • Hasn't yet paid dividends, but I did adjust some of my eBay listings, in hope of drumming up renewed interest.

Avoiding spending:

  • I had to drive the boys home from a later soccer practice, and was scrambling to get dinner together. I unearthed pizza that we had delivered a long while back. Toasted it up in the oven & the boys loved it. Served it with a salad, plus leftover for the adults. 
That's it from my side. What about you? What have you been up to this week? Any frugal wins to share?

2 comments:

  1. That's great that you can charge your car for free at work. Very frugal to unearth the pizza and serve it for dinner. That's my kind of dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those days when the girls were starving and at some kind of practice. Most parents brought in fast food, I brought in a pot of homemade soup, fresh loaves of ww bread and peanut butter or butter. That way kids whose parents could not afford fast food could also eat and my kids never complained others were grateful.

    ReplyDelete